Psychology major options
The psychology majors that can be completed at Penn State Greater Allegheny are the following:
- B.A. in psychology
- B.S. in psychology
- Business option
- Science option
All require a minimum of 124 credits for graduation, and all have the same core psychology requirements.
The difference between the B.A. and the B.S. in psychology is the following. B.A. students must show competency in a foreign language and take additional courses in the liberal arts. B.S. students do a concentration in either science or business, along with some additional supporting courses.
Recommended academic plan
Also available are semester-by-semester plans for the three types of psychology majors, which show the typical sequence of courses at Greater Allegheny.
- Recommended academic plan for the B.A. in psychology
- Recommended academic plan for the B.S. in psychology with a business option (pdf file)
- Recommended academic plan for the B.S. in psychology with a science option (pdf file)
- Psychology program information
- Opportunities for psychology students